– This busyness of life is not helping you much, is it?!
– I don’t think so.
– Your latest poster was sent to print. You did a great job on the design.
– No. I used to do great design work! I’m all washed out now.
– I disagree! You also baked hundreds of colourful beautiful and delicious French Macarons! You did amazing!
– Thanks. But please stop.
– Can I At least ask you a question?!
– Please don’t get upset! But…how come you laugh a lot?! How come..you go to all these functions?! ..How come you look confident and strong and and..and with it?! Perfectly with it!
– No idea.
– Can you describe your thoughts to me?! I promise to try to understand.
– …At least try!
– Do you think all these feelings you have, are warranted?!
– Highly doubt it.
-…Then why are you giving in to them?!
-….I’m not giving in to them! They’ve been ruling my waking hours, and tormenting my sleep!
– Is there a solution to this?!
– ..You don’t have to stay here.
– I am not asking you out of spite! I’m simply trying to help you get out of your head!
-… Your tone is unappreciated…
– I am really sorry. ….I just would like to understand your thought process! Maybe then, I can come up with something!
– How can you when I don’t understand any of this myself?!
-….Can I make you tea?! Let’s have tea!
A faint smile emerges.
-… please. But…
– But What?!
-…Can you hug me and not talk?!
image: Marco Bianchetti/unsplash